Let’s Break it Down
About the Fund
The Sustainable Table Fund is enabling farming, food and fibre system transformation across Australia. We’re connecting innovative projects with philanthropic funds and aligned impact investors to catalyse regeneration
Globally, we have transgressed six out of nine planetary boundaries that are essential to the functioning and life of planet earth. The industrial food and fibre systems across the world are significant players in pushing us beyond the majority of these thresholds. The dominant patterns of our finance and investment sector, built around profit maximisation and value return, are reinforcing these damaging impacts.
At Sustainable Table we are collaborating with industry and funders to forge a new pathway forward.
Connecting regenerative projects with philanthropic funding and aligned impact investment.
Sustainable Table Fund
Expression of Interest
How does it work?
Our funding is discretionary allowing us to take an emergent approach, rather than being confined by rounds. We connect funders and investors with projects that are regenerating Australia’s farming, food and fibre systems.
If you have a project that meets our eligibility criteria, please fill out the Expression of Interest form below. We will review your application and get back to you if we think we can help.
Eight principles underpin our work at Sustainable Table. Your project must align with our principles.
Our four Impact Areas are our way of prioritising change across Australia’s regenerative food, farming and fibre systems. Born of deep consultation with key local food stakeholders, they guide project selection, maintain diversity and focus our investment and attention. For your project to qualify for support and funding, it must fulfil one (or more) Impact Area.
- Your project needs to highlight how it will achieve systems change rather than band-aid solutions.
- Not-for-profits, charities, community groups, or collaborations with the private sector (DGR status is not mandatory), businesses and social enterprises are all welcome to apply, provided they are able to illustrate high ihigh-impactmpact potential.
- Projects must be intended for delivery within Australia.
The following projects are ineligible:
- Projects that perpetuate silos, lock up knowledge or are solely for private benefit.
- Projects that are party political in nature.
- Endowment funds.
- Projects that are not located in Australia.
- Projects that perpetuate racism or other segregation between communities.
- Projects that support industrialised systems e.g. fast fashion, ultra processed foods, synthetic inputs.
We recognise that these areas are important, but currently we don’t have the resources to support them:
- Investigative/initial scoping projects (i.e. projects need to be beyond the initial idea stage and have the core relationships and components in place)
- Predominantly food relief focussed applications
- Individual Disaster/Climate relief applications
- Advocacy campaigns
Expression of Interest Form
The following section will bring you to a Google Form. This will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You can complete the form over multiple sittings.