Hungry for information
We always try to present the benefits of creating a sustainable table in a fun and
light-hearted way, however there is a serious side to what we do – informing
you about the massive environmental and ethical issues that underpin our food system.
- A system where 1 billion people go to bed hungry
and 1 billion people are suffering from obesity
- A system where we throw out up to half of what we
- A system that has already destroyed 24% of global
farmland, with a further 1% loss each year
- A system that is sucking our fresh water sources
- A system that sees 500 million animals housed in factory farms each year, in Australia
- A system that has caused the near collapse of every major fishery
in the world
- A system powered by oil, which results
in the well-off consumer gobbling up the equivalent of
66 barrels of oil each year
- A system where our farmers are being pushed to the brink, there is an above average suicide rate and the
average age of a farmer is now 60 years old.
In this section we present you with
the issues, as well
equip you with the tools
that allow you to change our food system from the bottom up.
Satisfy your hunger by navigating through
Hungry for Info
using the menu below or to
the right of this page.
Simply by changing the way you shop
you can help to overcome today's environmental issues, one meal at a time.